889 Global Solutions Case Studies & Professional Portfolio
For those looking for concrete evidence of success, 889 Global Solutions offers a transparent look into various case studies as to provide added confidence for potential clients. Instead of telling you that we are the best in the industry, we will simply show you. Take a look at just some of our success stories throughout recent years.
Case 1: Sourcing Solutions
Company needed difficult high-precision gears, eventually an entire gearbox. They were concerned with higher costs in the U.S. and were worried about going abroad because of the risks of international sourcing.
Client had multiple vendors and multiple parts, taking resources to put all these parts together, impacting cost structure for procurement, assembly, and inventory.
Took over internal resources to save 50% on supply chain process.
- Difficult gearbox (very small)
- Sourced from 50 vendors to find welding, sheet metal, gear production, and assembly in-house at a competitive price
- Factory was audited by client, including passing a 100% torque test to reach torque requirements
Case 2: Food Service
Company was working to introduce a new custom product line. They were concerned with the costs associated with sourcing in the U.S.
Domestic costs were negatively impacting projected revenues.
Working with the company, 889 was able to source the components needed at a much lower cost, freeing them to increase their margins and add revenue where they didn’t think they could.
- For products we source, we save up to 80%
- We have worked with this client for over 10 years with continuous orders
- We source through many different factories with a variety of capabilities
Case 3: Professional Inspections
Company was sourcing directly from factories in China when we came into contact. They had no people in China to inspect factories, assure quality and handle the logistics of getting the goods to the United States.
With no assets in China, the company ran a high risk of their factories losing quality control over time.
We became their outsource procurement department.
- On-the-ground team inspecting containers
- Facilitated import/export process
- Negotiate costs and improve vendor relations (minimum quantity and payment terms)
- We have worked with the client for 8 years
Case 4: Excellent Customer Service
A medical manufacturer tasked 889 Global Solutions with sourcing a custom screw for some of their products. We manufactured the screw to their specifications, lowered their costs and maintained quality.
Today, with 12 years of partnership behind us, we now are their 4th largest vendor and have a 99% quality/delivery vendor review. We worked to improve cash flow by negotiating better payment terms with vendors.
- Aluminum Extrusions
- IV Poles
- Sheet Metal Fabrication
Case 5: Regulation Navigation
3 years ago we were tasked by a Fortune 500 medical manufacturer to identify portions of their CVC kit that had cost issues in order to improve margins.
We Located 510(k) vendors in China to lower overall cost by 45%.
- Plastics Manufacturing in ISO 13485 w/ 510(k) in Class 10,000 clean room environment
- 5 products manufactured and sold internationally
Case 6: Tool Carts Made Easy
We met one of the largest industrial cart manufacturers in the US at a trade show 2 years ago.
The Company was sourcing aluminum extrusions at a cost that made their sales price uncompetitive.
We have been sourcing aluminum extrusions for them for 2 years, lowering their cost and maintaining high quality.
- Sourced with various finishes and trims through 889’s own extrusion plant to save 30%
- 0 Quality Issues
- Mirror Finish
- Cost savings while maintaining specifications
Case 7: Vendor Network
A dental chair manufacturer was having trouble sourcing components needed for production.
They needed small runs and low volume of many different high precision parts and vendors were turning them away.
- We have worked with them for 1 year
- Consolidated their vendor base in sand and investment casting
- Reduced cost by negotiating with vendors