889 Global Solutions is a certified Minority Business Enterprise in the State of Ohio. 889 has also partnered with U.S.manufacturers and distributors to supply various products to state agencies. The government contracting has grown exponentially since 2012 when we started and there is great potential to continue to expand this side of the business.
This position is responsible for overseeing the government contracting on a city and state level. This includes, but is not limited to, managing orders from the bidding stage through invoicing, actively searching for new bids and contracts, and strengthening relationships with new and existing vendors and customers.
- Bid on government one-time purchases and long-term contracts.
- Develop relationships with Government Leaders, Commissioners and Director Level Executives of key agencies.
- Generate opportunities, orchestrate the pursuit process, and manage overall relationship.
- Manage purchase orders through their life cycle.
- Develop relationships with government buyers and vendors.
- Seek out new opportunities within state agencies.
- Network with individuals and attend informational sessions to learn of new opportunities.
- Assist with other miscellaneous projects and tasks in office.
Education: High School diploma
Experience: Several years of work experience related to project management and government purchasing.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with commission. Uncapped earning potential.